News
Shocker As Students Attack Police Station Over Teacher’s Detention

A group of about 80 students from Nebbi Town Secondary School attacked Nebbi Police Station on Tuesday in an attempt to rescue their games teacher, who had been detained for preventive arrest.
According to Nebbi Central Police Station, the incident occurred at around 11:45am when students, armed with stones, bricks, and sticks, stormed the station entrance.
Officers attempted to calm the situation, but the students forcibly freed their teacher, prompting police to fire warning shots into the air to disperse the crowd.
Emmanuel Okello, the games teacher at Nebbi Town Secondary School, was arrested following allegations that he attempted to incite students to disrupt the finals of a football tournament.
On March 17, Nebbi Town SS played against Comboni SS and lost, sparking anger among students and their games teacher, who accused officials of poor officiating.
A meeting was held later that night at the district boardroom to resolve the matter, during which the District Inspector of Schools ordered Okello’s detention to prevent potential violence.
Following the attack on the station, police managed to re-arrest Okello and took three students into custody.
The school administration condemned the students’ actions, apologized, and pleaded for the release of both the teacher and students, promising to address the issue internally.
The District Police Commander agreed, on the condition that such incidents would not happen again.
After the situation was brought under control, the tournament finals proceeded, with Mamba SS emerging as the champions after defeating Comboni SS.
Collins Asea, the regional police spokesperson for the West Nile sub-region, confirmed the incident and condemned the students’ actions, stating that attacking a police facility is a serious offense.
He urged school authorities to strengthen discipline and conflict resolution mechanisms to prevent such incidents.
Additionally, he advised students to use peaceful and lawful channels to address grievances rather than resorting to violence, warning that, in the future, such acts could lead to more severe legal consequences.
News
Kabaka birthday run: Minister Mpanga hails Buganda Lands Board as he calls for more kit purchases

The Minister of Lands and Housing in Mengo, David FK Mpanga, has applauded the Buganda Land Board (BLB) for its active participation and support towards the upcoming Kabaka Birthday Run scheduled for Sunday, April 6, 2025.
The 2025 run will mark the Kabaka’s 70th birthday celebration under the theme, “Men for Good Health to Save the Girl Child.”
While handing over the Kabaka Birthday Run kits to BLB Chief Executive Officer Simon Kaboggoza at Bulange on Thursday, Mpanga expressed his joy over the board’s continued commitment to supporting the annual event.
“I am so much overjoyed to hand these kits to the Buganda Land Board who have confirmed participating in the Kabaka Birthday Run as the Kabaka celebrates 70 years of age,” Mpanga said.
Mpanga further encouraged the public to purchase the run kits, which are available at Bulange, Airtel shops, and various outlets.
He noted that the Kabaka himself will officially flag off the run at Lubiri, Mengo on Sunday.
“Let’s buy the kits, available here at Bulange, Airtel shops, and various outlets. Ssaabasajja Kabaka will flag off the run at Lubiri Mengo on Sunday, April 6,” he urged.
Speaking to the media after the kits purchase, Kabogoza emphasized that it is BLB’s responsibility to actively participate in the Kabaka’s Birthday Run every year as a way of celebrating the Kabaka’s birthday.
“It is our mandate as Kabaka’s servants under the Buganda Land Board to participate in this run. All our staff have received the kits, and we are ready to be there at Lubiri to join the Kabaka in the fight against the HIV/AIDS pandemic,” he said.
Mr Kabogoza further called upon all BLB employees and all tenants on Kabaka’s land to take part in the run on Sunday to fulfill the day’s theme. “I urge all occupants of Kabaka’s land also to use this opportunity to support the Kingdom by getting kits for the run,” he said.
The 2025 Kabaka Birthday Run is being held under the theme “Men for Good Health to Save the Girl Child.”
The initiative aims to mobilize men in the fight against HIV/AIDS, with proceeds from the kits contributing towards health initiatives targeting the protection and well-being of the girl child.
-
Entertainment2 days ago
Ziza Bafana Urges Beenie Gunter & Nickie Berry to Ensure Positive Co-Parenting Following Breakup
-
Celebrity Gossip2 days ago
Lydia Jazmine Opens Up on Her Relationship with Her Exes
-
News2 weeks ago
Bobi Mobilised People to Speak ill About me in my Constituency – Mpuuga
-
News2 weeks ago
Govt Ready to Take Over Umeme Concession – Nankabirwa
-
News2 weeks ago
The High Stakes Behind Kagame and Tshisekedi’s Talks in Doha
-
News2 weeks ago
Mpuuga Accuses NUP of Sabotaging His Efforts for Dialogue
-
News2 weeks ago
I don’t have any enemies in politics, I only have opponents- Mpuuga
-
News2 weeks ago
Policeman Arrested After Wife’s Fatal Stabbing